avro-user mailing list archives

From Armin Garcia <armin.gar...@arrayent.com>
Subject Re: Writing Unsolicited Messages to a Connected Netty Client
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:24:17 GMT
Hi James,

First, thank you for your response.

Yes, you are right.  I am trying to setup a bi-directional communication
link.  Your suggestion would definitely accomplish this requirement.  I was
hoping the same channel could be reused without having to establish another
uni-directional link.  Netty or rather NIO is inherently bi-directional.  I
am suspecting RPC by definition is only uni-directional or rather a pull
technology?

One of my goals is to support as many different language bindings using
Avro.  PHP is one of those languages.  Unfortunately, the PHP library can
only function as a client.

               -Armin