avro-user mailing list archives

From Armin Garcia <armin.gar...@arrayent.com>
Subject Writing Unsolicited Messages to a Connected Netty Client
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:34:14 GMT
I am trying to figure out how a message can be sent through a Netty Server
to a connected client.  I see the channel is stored in a group for each
client that connects to a Netty Server:

public void channelOpen(ChannelHandlerContext ctx, ChannelStateEvent e)
throws Exception
{
     e.getChannel().write(null);
     *allChannels.add(e.getChannel());*
     super.channelOpen(ctx, e);
}

The challenge is how to leverage this channel in order to send an
unsolicited message to the client.  Is there an example that writes to the
channel but not as a response to a message received?

I fully expect to take the existing Netty Server and modify it.  I suspect
the solution lies somewhere in creating a NettyDataPack then writing it to
the channel.  I'm definitely an Avro  greenhorn, so I'm a bit unsure of how
to wrangle my message into a NettyDataPack.

           -Armin