avro-user mailing list archives

From Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AVRO Path
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 19:01:30 GMT
Scott,

It makes a lot of sense for NoSQL systems that store large AVRO blobs,
that only require a subset of the data, where the entire blob could
generate significant network traffic.  In a system like HBase, AVRO
makes a lot of sense because schema evolution via HBase can be hairy,
and the storage format is verbose.

I would open a ticket however I do not have time allotted to work on it.

Jason