avro-user mailing list archives

From George Fletcher <gffle...@aol.com>
Subject Overriding default velocity templates
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 15:01:23 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to override the default velocity templates used to
generate java sources from IDL files. I know that I can do this by
passing a command like argument to override
'org.apache.avro.specific.templates' but that doesn't work well with our
build process. We want a standard set of templates used by many developers.

What is the best way to override the system property? It appears from
the avro code that while the SpecificCompiler.java supports a
setTemplateDir() method, nothing in the avro-maven-plugin calls this method.

Thanks,
George