avro-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reading AVRO files in Java MapReduce
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 01:12:51 GMT
On 11/15/2011 03:16 PM, Something Something wrote:
> Quick question.  I want the output from AvroJob.setReducerClass to be in
> regular Text files - not in AVRO format.  Can I do that?  Any examples?
>  Sorry, kinda short on time to do research.  Thanks.

On the previously cited documentation page:

http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/api/java/org/apache/avro/mapred/package-summary.html

Look for the text, "For jobs whose input is an Avro data file and which
use an AvroMapper, but whose reducer is a non-Avro Reducer and whose
output is a non-Avro format".

A sample of a job that does this is at:

  http://s.apache.org/MsG

Just use TextOutputFormat instead of SequenceFileOutputFormat.

Doug