avro-user mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <scottca...@apache.org>
Subject Re: In Java, how can I create an equivalent of an Apache Avro container file without being forced to use a File as a medium?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 02:12:51 GMT
In addition to Joe's comments:

On the write side, DataFileWriter.create() can take a file or an output
stream.
http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.5.4/api/java/org/apache/avro/file/DataFileWrit
er.html

On the read side, DataFileStream can be used if the input does not have
random access and can be represented with an InputStream.
If the input has random access, implement SeekableInput and then construct a
DataFileReader with it:
http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.5.4/api/java/org/apache/avro/file/SeekableInpu
t.html
http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.5.4/api/java/org/apache/avro/file/DataFileRead