avro-user mailing list archives

From "W.P. McNeill" <bill...@gmail.com>
Subject How should I migrate 1.4 code to avro 1.5?
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 21:41:25 GMT
I'm new to Avro. Since I'm having trouble finding simple examples online I'm
writing one of my own that I'm putting on github.

https://github.com/wpm/AvroExample

Hopefully, this will be of help to people like me who are also having
trouble finding simple code examples.

I want to get this compiling without of hitch in Maven. I had it running
with a 1.4 version of Avro, but when I changed that to 1.5, some of the code
no longer works. Specifically, BinaryEncoder can no longer be instantiated
directly because it is now an abstract class (AvroExample.java: line 33) and
DecoderFactory.defaultFactory is deprecated (AvroExample.java: line 41).

How should I modify this code so that it works with the latest and greatest
version of Avro?  I looked through the Release Notes, but the answers
weren't obvious.

Thanks.