avro-user mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <scottca...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mapreduce api compatibility
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 21:43:37 GMT
Hadoop 0.20.x and above still support the old (0.19.x and prior) mapred API.

An implementation based on the new 0.20.x mapreduce API would be fairly
straightforward, you can almost copy the mapred package to a mapreduce
package, and modify the classes.

AVRO-593 below does not seem to have anyone actively working on it, anyone
that wishes to do so should probably update the ticket and continue the
discussion there.