avro-user mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>
Subject Re: Dependencies in pom aggregation
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 22:57:42 GMT
Maven can work with a 'test' dependency, by declaring the dependency of
type "test-jar".

See
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-attached-tests.html
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/test-jar-mojo.html

Unfortunately there are some bugs in various Maven plugins so we have been
avoiding using test-jars for now.  In particular, if you use a test-jar
and then do:

$ mvn clean
$ mvn compile

with no 'install' and no artifacts in your local repo, it may fail, trying
to resolve and pull the test dependency during compile.  This is not the
fault of the test-jar or dependency declaration, but bugs in various other
plugins in our toolchain, see
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRRESOURCES-53.

-Scott