avro-user mailing list archives

From Matt Pouttu-Clarke <Matt.Pouttu-Cla...@icrossing.com>
Subject New name requirements for Avro 1.5
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 17:46:07 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Avro for processing/encoding billions of rows using Hadoop.  When
I attempted to upgrade to Avro 1.5 I got an error about illegal field names.
I notice this case happens when I use a O-¹ character or a O.¹ in a field
name.

Are there any other restrictions on fields names I need to know when
upgrading?

Thanks,
Matt

iCrossing Privileged and Confidential Information
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information of iCrossing. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email