avro-user mailing list archives

From Pere Ferrera <ferrerabert...@gmail.com>
Subject questions
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 09:27:08 GMT
Hi,
I'm evaluating Avro for using it in a big project. I have a few questions:

- What's the equivalent of NullWritable in Avro?
- I generate an entity A. I save some instances of it in file F. I remove
one field from A's definition and re-generate the code of it. If I read file
F, I get "org.apache.avro.AvroRuntimeException("Bad index");". Isn't this
behavior breaking the statement: "*if the writer's record contains a field
with a name not present in the reader's record, the writer's value for that
field is ignored.*"
(here<http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/spec.html#Schema+Resolution>)
? (I'm using a DataFileReader wrapping a SpecificDatumWriter to test this).

Thanks,

Pere.