avro-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TetherJob example Issue 512
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:56:20 GMT
On 06/30/2011 10:27 AM, Jeremy Lewi wrote:
> As a first step I created a Java unit test to run the java word count
> tether example.

This used to be tested by the test_tools.sh:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/avro/trunk/lang/java/src/test/bin/test_tools.sh?r1=954998&r2=954997&pathrev=954998

but it looks like this script was lost in the conversion to Maven:

This is bad, as it also contained some other useful tests.

> In doing so I ran into a couple of issues (e.g clients
> were using SaslocketServer but client was using SocketServer which at
> least for me seemed problematic).
>
> Should I report these to the mailing list or should I open a JIRA issue?

Please open Jira issues.

> Right now I'm working on some minor modifications so that when you
> specify the executable you can provide additional arguments. I was
> planning on trying to produce and post a patch once this was working.

Great.  Thanks for working on this!

Doug