avro-user mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>
Subject Re: how to handle schema changes in RPC? (RPC version support)
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 23:45:31 GMT
My understanding is that you are supposed to be able to migrate schemas
using Avro RPC.  I am not familiar enough with the API to be 100% certain
or show you how, however.

Generally speaking, configuring a ResolvingDecoder on the reader side is
all that is required by Avro in java to handle schema migration.