avro-user mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>
Subject Re: Is map schema's key an UTF8 or String type?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:24:23 GMT
Strings are of Java type CharSequence
toString() on CharSequence is consistent between String and Utf8.  However, make sure any
map you use has only one implementation of CharSequence in it, since hashCode() and equals()
on different CharSequence types may not be consistent.

On 4/26/11 2:17 PM, "Weishung Chung" <weishung@gmail.com<mailto:weishung@gmail.com>>