avro-user mailing list archives

From ash...@strandls.com
Subject Schema registry
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:56:25 GMT
Hi,

Is there some java implementation of Avro schema registry? The use case is
to have separate schema data files for a bunch of types and be able to
resolve nested types.

I tried avro for the first time and could not have schema parsed from one
file have a nested record from a schema described in a second file.

I am using a modified version of the AvroUtil class from
http://www.infoq.com/articles/ApacheAvro . The modified file is attached.
I uses the SchemaParse exception and loads schema files from classpath.

Is there a better alternative. If this is a strong use case I could work
on creating such a schema registry with plugable resolvers and loaders.

Thanks and regards,
 - Ashish