avro-user mailing list archives

From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@darose.net>
Subject Re: reading back, "type" : "bytes" from java via ByteBuffer
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 02:25:30 GMT
I think - and someone please correct me if I'm wrong - the offset is
always zero, and the length is byteBuffer.remaining().

So you would make a call something like:

byteBuffer.get(byteArray, 0, byteBuffer.remaining())

Then byteArray would contain the buffer's contents.

HTH,

DR

On 03/18/2011 08:22 PM, sean jensen-grey wrote:
> I have a large sequence of pdfs stored in an avro file as part of a larger structure.
>
> I have found a bug in my code where I was calling
>
>      byteBuffer.array() to get back the byte[], this is incorrect as this is entire backing
store and NOT the contents of the element stored in Avro.