avro-user mailing list archives

From sitk...@gmail.com
Subject reading bytes from a ByteBuffer
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 00:53:16 GMT
I have a large sequence of pdfs stored in an avro file as part of a larger structure.

I have found a bug in my code where I was calling

   byteBuffer.array() to get back the byte[], this is incorrect as this is entire backing
store and NOT the contents of the element stored in Avro.

How/where do I get the offset and the length of the ByteBuffer returned from Avro? Ideally
I would like a byte[] of the "bytes" stored in Avro.

The convenience classes were generated via the maven plugin so my Record signature is

	MyRecord extends org.apache.avro.specific.SpecificRecordBase implements org.apache.avro.specific.SpecificRecord

The avro schema entry is

{
	"name" : "pdfs",
	"type" :  {  "type" : "array", "items": "bytes" }
}