avro-user mailing list archives

From Xingen Wang <new.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Some questions for Avro
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 06:48:00 GMT
Hi, Avro organizers,

I am currently trying Avro and try to make it as our rpc framework in
production, and I met some problems in using it, could you please find your
time and answer them for me?

1. Does the json schema support extends? e.g. First, I define an
general-purpose json schema named "Object", and in other json schema, try to
extends this "Object".
2. In the primitive types, I can't find one type that can represent any
objects. I tried "record", but you have to specify "name" and "fields" for
it.

If Avro support any of the above features, we can use it in our production.
Because we don't want to change these definition all the time.

--
Xingen Wang

--
Xingen Wang