avro-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: what's the purpose of one-way, and why does it cause problems with python?
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 17:50:47 GMT
On 10/29/2010 07:28 PM, Mark Lewandowski wrote:
>      org.apache.avro.AvroRuntimeException: Not both one-way: append

My guess is that Python is not preserving this attribute when it renders
the protocol as JSON.  Also, perhaps it is a bug that Java requires that
this attribute matches even when the transport (HTTP) doesn't support
one-way messages.  If my analysis is correct we could fix this either by
fixing Python to preserve this attribute in the protocol's JSON or for
Java to ignore this attribute when using a stateless transport like HTTP.

Please file a bug in Jira.

Thanks,

Doug