avro-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Linehan <pline...@plinehan.com>
Subject Re: schema resolution and record names
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 19:11:53 GMT

> In the case of data files specifically, it makes sense to have weaker
> matching strictness by default.

yes, this seems quite reasonable.  perhaps a simplified API for aliasing
schemas when records in a data file only mismatch the specific type in a few
specific, "harmless" ways.  as doug points out, though, with his Date/Time
example, its hard to say what a "harmless" way might be.

this is a bigger fish than i'd care to fry right now, though :)

thanks for your help!