avro-user mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <tsalora...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schema <clinit> verify error in Tomcat 6
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:41:53 GMT
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Scott Carey <scott@richrelevance.com> wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2010, at 10:14 AM, Tatu Saloranta wrote:

> Avro is using Jackson 1.4.2 right now.  So I think Jersey is using 1.1.x or before and
its version is earlier in the classpath.  Would making sure Avro and its Jackson 1.4.2 jar
being first in the classpath work?  Or does the incompatibility go both ways?

>From what I have heard, I think it is safe to upgrade, as I have not
heard of issues with that.

Theoretically go both ways, since it is difference between method
signatures. But it depends on whether ObjectMapper.configure() methods
are being called or not; which Jersey might not be doing. And
especially earlier versions do not, since it only used to rely on core
(non-mapper) part.

> The latest jersey-json jar (1.4) depends on jackson 1.5.5.  However, as late as jersey-json
1.3, they were still on Jackson 1.1.

Right I think jersey-json only uses core pieces; and for it any 1.x
version should be fine.

> So it looks like at the minimum, upgrading to Jersey 1.4 should help Ta-Chung.  Assuming
he is using jersey-json.

Yes I think this is correct.

-+ Tatu +-