avro-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: schema defaults not reflected in generated objects (1.3.2)
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:38:16 GMT
On 09/03/2010 07:09 PM, Eric Evans wrote:
> This covers Java when generated classes are used, but the other writers
> would need to be changed as well.  I'm willing to work on patches for
> this, is this still something you'd considering merging?  Should it be
> made optional?

I'd love to see a feature that automatically stores default values into
data structures as they're created.

Philip's converted Java's code generator to be template based:

This should get committed soon (1.4.1?).  Then we can add alternate sets
of templates.  We can add one that stores default values.  We can also
add templates to emit code for languages besides Java.

Doug