avro-user mailing list archives

From Bo Shi <bs1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to work around MAPREDUCE-1700
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 05:43:19 GMT
This tool might be a temporary band-aid for your pains:

http://code.google.com/p/jarjar/

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Scott Carey <scott@richrelevance.com> wrote:
> Yup, Hadoop's jar dependency management is poor.
>
> I just repackaged hadoop and removed jackson 1.0.1 jar from it, so no slaves have Jackson
in their lib directory.  Its only used for the 'dump configuration in JSON format' feature,
which I don't use (and a minor feature that adds a jar should probably have gotten a lot of
scrutiny before adding the jar/feature).

> Alternatively, since Jackson 1.x is backwards compatible to 1.0, one can replace 1.0.1
with 1.x.x on the slaves or in the package.