avro-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why does the Python client use httplib?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 19:08:02 GMT
On 08/25/2010 05:54 PM, R. Tyler Ballance wrote:
> I'm wondering if there was any specific reason for using httplib over urllib2
> in the first place?

Not that I know of, and hammer's on vacation.

> [0] http://github.com/rtyler/avro/tree/1.3.3-redirect

This is mostly compatible, since the use of httlib or urllib2 is hidden
within HttpTransceiver.  The only regression is that you removed the
close() method and that connections are no longer reused.  I don't have
a strong opinion about whether this is acceptable.  One option might be
to create a subclass of HttpTransceiver that supports redirects but not
connection reuse?

Also, can you please post this as a patch in Jira?

Thanks,

Doug