avro-user mailing list archives

From Ian Kallen <spida...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why does the Python client use httplib?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 05:59:56 GMT
  Perhaps this doesn't have bearing on it's use in avro but as I recall,
urllib2's redirect handling is braindead.  IIRC, a redirected HEAD
request gets turned into a a GET; whereas there was no big obstacle in
homebrewing redirect following on top of httplib (or, wait, was that
httplib2? sigh).

--
Ian Kallen
blog: http://www.arachna.com/roller/spidaman