avro-user mailing list archives

From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@darose.net>
Subject How to clear data from GenericRecord
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 20:07:31 GMT
There doesn't seem to be any method call available in the API for
GenericRecord to completely erase all of its data so that it can be reused.

I'm planning to use an Avro GenericRecord (GenericData.Record) inside a
Hadoop Reducer, and it would be much better from a memory usage
perspective if I could just clear the record's contents at the beginning
of every reduce() call, rather than having to instantiate a new one for
each call.

Any way to make this happen?  (And if no, anyone think this is something
important enough that I should file a bug report on this?)

Thanks,

DR