avro-user mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>
Subject Re: Confused about default values
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 01:01:31 GMT
How was this GenericDatumReader constructed?  Is it used to read from an Avro file or from
something else?

Note that you may have to set the "expected" schema separately from the actual schema.  Avro
needs to know what the schema was when it was written, in the Avro data file this is persisted
with it and automatically set when read.