avro-user mailing list archives

From Ran Tavory <ran...@gmail.com>
Subject is avro production ready?
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:43:18 GMT
ok, I know this question has many answers, but try to be honest ;)

I'd like to use avro in several use cases:
1. RPC. Both using json over HTTP and binary over TCP (will use both modes).
Async RPC clients/servers isn't a showstopper but could also be nice
2. As a serialization mechanism to send messages over AMQ or save object on
memcached
3. Perhaps use for saving space in logs (rather than plain text log files)
and in combination with flume. I haven't thought that out yet.

My main codebase is java (and scala), but there may be some small
non critical parts in python as well.

Are all the above mentioned use cases considered as stable and "production
ready"? If not, is there an eta?

Thanks