avro-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Hodges <jhod...@twitter.com>
Subject Re: building the spec
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 06:31:55 GMT
Sigh, I didn't notice the symlink before. That's what's happening. Thanks.
--
Jeff

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Scott Carey <scott@richrelevance.com> wrote:
> Are you on Snow Leopard?  If so, you manually have to install a copy of Java 5 and overwrite
the Mac symlinks in just the right way.  You don't have to change the default system JVM
to 1.5 though.

> Does the symlink /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0 point to
a 1.6 JVM?  That is what it does on Snow Leopard by default. forrest is somehow not forward
compatible with Java 1.6.  The trick to getting it to work is to both set the property to
that symlink, and make sure that symlink points to an actual java 1.5 install.

> There are a few threads from the Avro dev list over the past ~7 months that discuss the
steps needed to get it to work in more detail.