avro-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Hodges <jhod...@twitter.com>
Subject Re: Using 'bytes' as keys in a 'map' equivalent
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 20:24:38 GMT
This would probably be of much benefit to the Cassandra community as
they/we are working on getting their stored data to be keyed by byte
arrays instead of String arrays[1]. Converting back and forth would
less good.

[1] Relevant ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-767
--
Jeff

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Stu Hood <stu.hood@rackspace.com> wrote:
> Hey gang,
>
> I can understand the reasoning behind AVRO-9, but now I need to look for an alternative
to a 'map' that will allow me to store an association of bytes keys to values.