avro-user mailing list archives

From "Cooper, Chris" <chris.coo...@navteq.com>
Subject Avro serialization / deserialization with different objects
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 14:16:51 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Avro's reflection api  to publish out domain objects from Hadoop through messaging
middleware.  The subscribers of my data are interested in different subsets of the objects.
 Instead of them having to use a version of my original object, is it possible for them to
define a totally different object (different namespace/name) that has a small subset of the
original objects properties (matching names/primitive types) and then deserialize to that
object?

So far I've been running into AvroTypeException's when I use a different reader object.

Thanks for your help!

-CC

or paper files.