avro-user mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>
Subject Re: Avro Quickstart updated for 1.3.0 - now with Ruby goodness.
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 17:51:22 GMT
Some feedback:
The Maven plugin only supports Avro protocols, but not Avro schemas.  If it filtered for *.avsc
and *.avpr and ran the schema compiler on the former, and protocol compiler on the latter,
it would be more useable for someone starting out experimenting with Avro, especially if they
are not familiar with writing their own Maven plugin but are familiar with Maven as a user.