avro-user mailing list archives

From Lars Francke <lars.fran...@gmail.com>
Subject Metadata in Java Schema class
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:23:44 GMT
Hi,

I've got a question about "metadata" in JSON schemas. According to the
specification "Attributes not defined in this document are permitted
as metadata, but must not affect the format of serialized data." What
I'd like to know is if this metadata is somehow made available in the
Schema (or Schema.Field) class. I had a look and I don't think so but
perhaps I'm missing something.

Is there any easy way to access this metadata and associate it with
the correct Schema/Fields? If not would you object against a patch
that extends the parse function to also save metadata and make it
available?

Cheers,
Lars