avro-user mailing list archives

From "Stephane L." <slun...@gmail.com>
Subject GenericRecord and null value
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 23:25:42 GMT
For a project we are investigating using Avro as the format for
serializing/de-serializing data. I am currently testing with Avro 1.1.

I have been playing with GenericRecord and I have noticed that if I define a
schema and let's say for example one property is an array, I will get a
NullPointerException if at serialization time I did not put any data for
that particular field aka myRecord.get("array") --> return null.

So my question is : when using a GenericRecord is it mandatory that all
fields specified in the schema to be non null when serializiation is
happening ?

St├ęphane