avro-user mailing list archives

From Eelco Hillenius <eelco.hillen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mixing types using reflection
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 03:04:40 GMT
>> I have not tested this code, but it should work.

You know how it is with code you don't test... alas ;-) I commented on
the issue and uploaded a new patch that uses the union. I suspect the
instanceOf check in GenericDatumWriter#resolveUnion is faulty, but I
may just not understand the framework well enough.

> It should also work to add new schemas to the list as you write the file,
> before adding records of each type.

How would that work? Create a new writer (and discard the old one)
based on the union but reuse the output stream?

Cheers,

Elco