avro-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Why are there so many fixes missing in the 1.8.2 release ?!?
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 21:12:34 GMT
(Repeating my comments from the comment on the 1.8.2 release jira):

Master is targetting 1.9.0 now, if the committer of the fix doesn't
cherry pick back to branch 1.8 or branch 1.7 before closing then those
things won't get into new 1.8 or 1.7 releases.

branch-1.8 broke off of master in December 2015, so for example
AVRO-1966 looks like it was committed only to master but the fix
version was set to 1.8.2 instead of 1.9.0.

I have some release process notes I use in Apache HBase to check how
well JIRA and git mesh up with each other, we could try making use of
some of them if anyone is interested in making use of it.

--
busbey