avro-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.8.2 RC2
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 20:50:16 GMT
Just a brief point of clarification for observers.

Suraj, it's totally your prerogative as release manager to close the
vote preemptively to fix this issue. But to clarify, a binding -1 from
a PMC member isn't enough to cause a vote to fail. So long as at least
3 PMC members vote +1 and more vote in favor than opposed, a release
can still pass.

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 11:51 AM, suraj acharya <suraj.spa@gmail.com> wrote:
> The vote for the RC has been closed!
>
> With a -1 from a member of the PMC the vote has failed.
>
> AVRO-2018 has been filed to work on the issue.
> I will work on it and try to get another RC in the next few weeks.
>
> Thanks a lot for taking your time to help vote.
>
> -Suraj Acharya
>
> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 1:37 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
>> -1
>>
>> I agree with Niels. We should fix the file header before releasing.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 12:46 AM, Niels Basjes <Niels@basjes.nl> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > NOTE: I'm at the Hadoop Summit in Munchen Germany with limited tools (and
>> > limited power for my laptop) here.
>> >
>> > I did a git clone of the avro code based and checked out the project at
>> > commit
>> > 6bbcf7658e31cd7e92c459300fd70263b9b89de6
>> >
>> > I found a simple problem that needs to be fixed:
>> > Running ./build.sh rat reveals a build failure caused by a missing
>> > copyright comment in
>> > lang/java/avro/src/test/java/org/apache/avro/TestFixed.java
>> >
>> > Niels Basjes

>> activity

But It

Apache