avro-dev mailing list archives

From Suraj Acharya <su...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.8.2 RC2
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 20:49:45 GMT
Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Avro 1.8.2
release.

The commit id is 6bbcf7658e31cd7e92c459300fd70263b9b89de6
* This corresponds to the tag: release-1.8.2-rc2
* https://s.apache.org/avro-1.8.2-rc2

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/avro/avro-1.8.2-rc2/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/avro/KEYS

Binary artifacts for Java are staged in Nexus here:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-1010/

This release includes:
* A spec for single-message Avro encoding and a Java implementation
* Java: Bug fixes for Java logical types
* Java: Support for Decimal with specific classes
* Ruby: A fix for compatibility when using snappy
* Python 3: Updated to use the standard module-level logging pattern
* C++: Support for Boost >= 1.59
* And more bug fixes...

Please download, verify, and test. This vote will remain open for at least
72 hours. Given sufficient votes, I would like to close it on or about 9AM
PDT on Wednesday, 12 April 2017.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Avro 1.8.2
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

--
Suraj Acharya