avro-dev mailing list archives

From Suraj Acharya <su...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.8.2 RC3
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 18:35:24 GMT
Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Avro 1.8.2
release.

The commit id is e38f7074d7c8f9156b39c8310302486ced93767a

* This corresponds to the tag: release-1.8.2-rc3
* https://s.apache.org/avro-1.8.2-rc3

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/avro/avro-1.8.2-rc3/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/avro/KEYS

Binary artifacts for Java are staged in Nexus here:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-1012/

This release includes:
* A spec for single-message Avro encoding and a Java implementation
* Java: Bug fixes for Java logical types
* Java: Support for Decimal with specific classes
* Ruby: A fix for compatibility when using snappy
* Python 3: Updated to use the standard module-level logging pattern
* C++: Support for Boost >= 1.59
* And more bug fixes...

Please download, verify, and test. This vote will remain open for at least
72 hours. Given sufficient votes, I would like to close it on or about 9AM
CDT on Wednesday, 19 April 2017.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Avro 1.8.2
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

--
Suraj Acharya