avro-dev mailing list archives

From Suraj Acharya <su...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pre-Commit Build Jobs on Apache AVRO
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 18:18:25 GMT
Sorry,
I used a few terminology straight out of YETUS.
* Modules are usually sub projects. In our case every language has been
setup to be a module. Was a bit easier that way.
* One of the main tests it runs is ./build.sh on the module(language) which
had the change present. The determination of the change in language is done
by the YETUS system. Apart from build.sh it also checks whitespace and
asflicense issues.
* Once merged, when a ticket is converted to "Patch Available" the jenkins
job is triggered. It looks for either the GitHub bot comment mentioning the
location of the patch file or the patch file in the attachments. If any
changes are made and a new patch is submitted, then the job is retriggered.

Hope that helps