avro-dev mailing list archives

From suraj acharya <suraj....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Community engagement
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 15:26:57 GMT
Hi,
I agree that there is a delay in code reviews and that is one reason for
the decline in participation.

Regarding the testing I agree we are a bit shorthanded. We need to setup
pre-commit tests and run some more testing regularly.
I agree with your problem of docker and I have seen  the same issue and
thought it was only me. I was wondering if we can move to a more stable
docker image. I started a thread here
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/avro-dev/201611.mbox/browser and
was wondering what others opinion on it was.

However, if we do split it we will need to see to it that all projects are
maintained well. For ex: we currently have 2 python implementations, is it
possible to get rid of one and just keep one?

Thanks

Suraj

-Suraj Acharya