avro-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.8.2 RC1
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 12:59:16 GMT
@Simon I find it strange you say that the docker is 'leaking' something so
I did some testing.
I ran the tests on my system using docker and everything worked.
Then I remove all docker containers and images related to the avro build
environment and ran it again.
The second time indeed it failed

My best guess right now is that
1) during the creation of the docker image we do and update of the base
system and install all the tools.
2) Upstream something relevant to us changed.

People (like me) who have and existing image on their system the 'update'
of the OS is not done because the local image was built with the
instructions that are in the dockerfile.
So "New" docker images are different because the base OS has the updates
installed from a later point in time.

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1956
Working on a fix.

Niels



On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Simon Woodford <simonwoodford@gmail.com>
wrote:

> -1 from me. C# tests fail to run. The source of the problem is as follows:
>
> Prior to this tag, the lang/csharp/build.sh file contained the test line:
> nunit-console --framework=4.0 Avro.nunit
>
> From discussion with @jcustenborder, it seems like the C# tests won't run
> on a Mac if we keep the --framework=4.0 in this line; removing it (as has
> been done for 1.8.2) makes the tests run. But removing it makes the tests
> fail on my system (CentOS 7). This suggests that something is missing from
> the docker setup and is being picked up from the host computer, but I
> haven't had a chance to investigate.
>
> Given that it's a choice between it passing for me or passing on all Macs
> everywhere, go ahead and release. I'll chase this up for the 1.8.3 release.
> All tests other than the C# pass when running build.sh test from docker.
>
> Simon
>
>
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 9:59 PM, Ryan Blue <blue@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Avro 1.8.2
> > release.
> >
> > The commit id is 7ec35ea24ff0270586a26afbc6f6f530d272d1f7
> > * This corresponds to the tag: release-1.8.2-rc1
> > * https://github.com/apache/avro/tree/7ec35ea2
> > *
> > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/projects/repo?p=
> > avro.git&a=commit&h=7ec35ea2
> >
> > The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
> > * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/avro/avro-1.8.2-rc1/
> >
> > You can find the KEYS file here:
> > * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/avro/KEYS
> >
> > Binary artifacts for Java are staged in Nexus here:
> > * https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/avro/
> >
> > This release includes:
> > * A spec for single-message Avro encoding and a Java implementation
> > * Java: Bug fixes for Java logical types
> > * Java: Support for Decimal with specific classes
> > * Ruby: A fix for compatibility when using snappy
> > * Python 3: Updated to use the standard module-level logging pattern
> > * C++: Support for Boost >= 1.59
> > * And more bug fixes...
> >
> > Please download, verify, and test, then please vote by the end of
> > Wednesday, 9 November.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release this as Apache Avro 1.8.2
> > [ ] +0
> > [ ] -1 Do not release this because...
> >
> >
> > --
> > Ryan Blue
> >
>



-- 
Best regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,

Niels Basjes

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message