avro-dev mailing list archives

From radai <radai.rosenbl...@gmail.com>
Subject backporting a fix to avro 1.7
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 19:28:36 GMT
Hi,

I've recently encountered a bug in avro code generation, for which I
submitted a fix (
https://github.com/apache/avro/commit/be33922c03bd229b885fb9d664b55ce308f6ffaf
).

The issue was discovered while trying to migrate a sizable codebase from
avro 1.4 to 1.7

Would it be possible to back-port this fix to 1.7? bumping 1.7 to latest
would be a lot easier than trying to upgrade 1.4 and now 1.7 code to 1.9
(which is where this will will end up in, when its released?)

I can just open a PR porting the fix to the 1.7 branch (maybe 1.8 branch as
well, for consistency), if thats the procedure.

Thanks in advance,

Radai.