avro-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Blue <b...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.8.1 RC1
Date Sun, 15 May 2016 01:38:52 GMT
Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Avro 1.8.1
release.

The commit id is ca6c57106d9853fcbf2dadba43ec9a54b7bb85a9
* This corresponds to the tag: release-1.8.1-rc1
* https://github.com/apache/avro/tree/release-1.8.1-rc1
* https://github.com/apache/avro/tree/ca6c5710
*
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/projects/repo?p=avro.git&a=commit&h=ca6c5710

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/avro/avro-1.8.1-rc1/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/avro/dist/KEYS

There is currently a Nexus outage that is preventing me from staging
convenience binary artifacts, but I want to get the vote started so that
non-Java implementations can be tested. Java's binary artifacts will be
staged in Nexus when it is back up. The Nexus path will be:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/avro/

This release includes several bug fixes and a few notable features:
* IPC/RPC support in Javascript (Thanks to mtth!)
* Support for aliases in Java Protocols (Thanks to Konstantin Usachev!)
* Support for date, time, and timestamp in Java's specific object model

Please download, verify, and test.

Please vote by Wednesday morning. Thanks, everyone!

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Avro 1.8.1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

--
Ryan Blue