avro-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Blue <b...@apache.org>
Subject Volunteer needed: release manager for 1.8.2
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 00:23:15 GMT
Hi everyone!

With the 1.8.1 release out, our next planned release should be in mid
August. Rather than trying to find someone a week before the release and
start figuring out what should go in at that time, I think it's a good idea
to find a release manager now. That way we have someone with 3 months to
track issues for 1.8.2 and we can get them fixed instead of scrambling just
before the release.

It shouldn't be a large time commitment this way. Anyone want to volunteer?

rb

--
Ryan Blue