avro-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Groth <sgr...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: A proposal on the Documentation of the C API
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 19:51:47 GMT
As someone who has written extensive Avro C docs (unfortunately mixed with proprietary info),
I think this would be great addition to the Avro project. I don't know if it is enough work
for a summer project though. Adding a specific value interface similar to Java or C++'s specific
record interface or adding an rpc interface would be a nice addition to the C interface. Maybe
you could consider writing docs and implementing one of these? A specific value interface
would be more useful for me, but the rpc interface could be more useful for others. I'm not
sure what GSOC reviewers will look for. It might depend on whether someone at Google is interested
in Avro.

Just some thoughts,Sam