avro-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Groth <sgr...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Interested in contributing to Avro C
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 19:01:36 GMT
Hi Nges,
I learned the C API by reading the code here: https://github.com/apache/avro/tree/trunk/lang/c
I would also recommend setting up some application that writes and reads avro files. Setting
up simple applications using new libraries is one of the best ways to learn about them.
One suggestion for getting started with the C API is to use the new version of creating avro
structs for serialization rather than the legacy version. Unfortunately most of the documentation
that can be found is for the legacy version.

Sam