avro-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Blue <b...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Patches requiring review for submission
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 23:36:00 GMT
On 01/26/2015 11:03 AM, S G wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have submitted a couple of patches that need some review.
> 1) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-695 (Cyclical references)

This looks complicated and has a long history, so I'll try to help out
on the other two.

> 2) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-680 (Non-string map keys)

Looks like the latest on this is some discussion about whether or not it
would be useful. In my opinion, it would be a good addition. Other
formats and processing engines don't have the restriction that keys are
strings. For example, Parquet allows any object to be a key and Hive
allows any primitive type.

Is there anything else blocking this, or is the current patch ready for
review?

> 3) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1554 (Supporting UUID in Avro)

This notes some updates that need to be done as of September last year
(remove Date), but the last patch is from June. Do you want to update
the patch?

rb

--
Ryan Blue