avro-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sponholtz <mar...@comiit.com>
Subject Json encoding and decoding when using Avro in .NET
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:35:19 GMT

Hi,

We have just started working with Avro serialization. We're using
RabbitMQ as message broker in the project and would like to use Avro to
serialize and deserialize messages.

One of the reasons we choose to use Avro is it's support of both binary
and json serialization. We're however developing our project in .NET and
it would seem that the JsonEncoder and JsonDecoder have not been
implemented for this language.

Is anyone currently looking into developing this feature for the .NET
language implementation?

If not we are considering extending the library with this functionality
by effectively translating the java code.

Regards,

Martin Sponholtz