avro-dev mailing list archives

From Gareth Davis <gada...@expedia.com>
Subject Re: Avro 1.7.8 soon?
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 16:27:55 GMT
I don’t suppose https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1407 could be considered

it’s completely compatible and has been in production here for nearly 12 months with zero
reoccurrence of the issue.

Gareth
On 18 Nov 2014, at 16:20, Doug Cutting <cutting@apache.org<mailto:cutting@apache.org>>
wrote:

I'd like to try to release Avro 1.7.8 soon.

I propose we merge to the 1.7 branch all of the compatible changes
that have been made to trunk but not yet merged to the 1.7 branch,
then roll the release candidate.

Are there other compatible changes that folks would like to get into
1.7.8 that have not yet been committed?  We'll probably release 1.8.0
soon, so there's no need to rush a new feature.  What is important is
to get any deprecations in.

Doug